Tuesday, April 29, 2008

It's official....We are expecting!




We are expecting!!! Not in the traditional, big belly, pickle-craving, hormonal, type of pregnancy. But in the glorious, can't wait, how much more paperwork is there, is she really out there, adoption "pregnancy". At 8:30 p.m. Tues., April 29th, we mailed the adoption application to Adoption Hope International. It was a very exciting time. We are all pretty giddy with emotion. As a family unit, we've been waiting for this day for over 6 years. But for me, I've waited a life time.....The desire has been there for about as long as I can remember. Being adopted myself, adopting a little girl was something that I felt like God wanted me to do. So all the glory goes to Him today for it was He who set this plan in motion.


The next step is to complete the Home Study. There's a great guy that my friend Melonie referred us to. We are excited to get that complete. Once that's done we can start applying for Grants. We know that God will make a way when there seems to be no way. We pray for his favor. Within the month of May, we will travel to Ft. Smith to get fingerprinted. They have to make sure we aren't serial killers, or bank robbers! In the meantime, I'm working on passports for the family and additional government paperwork.


It's late and I better hit the hay. It will be hard for me to sleep tonight knowing that we just got the news that "there's a baby on the way!" God is good!

No comments: