Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Acting in Faith

Faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen. One of my favorite verses. I'll have to just say "it is written" cause I can never remember book, chapter and verse....

Today we went and picked out colors for the house. Of course, her room is pink. Not a bright pink or rosy pink, just a soft pink. Preparing, believing, seeing in our spiritual eyes that's what we have to do. In the natural it may seem like nothing is there but we serve a God who provides! Last night I lay in bed thinking about her. I do that quite often. Wondering when she'll be here, how it will happen, all that....it's not like the typical "pregnancy wait" knowing you will deliver in 9 months, go to hospital, all that....This is like up in the air, completely running on faith. You know what though? It's all good because I know God is in control. It's really helped us in our walk with Him. Putting all our trust in Him in all we do. It's hard and we are learning every day but I'm so glad we are learning and not stuck where we were.

Patience, I think that's probably the biggest thing. You can be joyful, loving, even peaceful pretty easy....but boy that patience thing, that's a doosey for us! So it may not be tomorrow, it may not be next month....but we know His plan is in motion. That's the most reassuring thing we could ever know. Trust in the Lord your God with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, but in all ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path! Can't get any better than that!

No comments: