Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Are you stuck in the same corner?

It's been a while since I've wrote, so much going on in the Evans household....House building, new job for me, Clinton back home, ice storm, taxes (yuck!)....Lots of stuff! We are getting closer to completion on the house. I can't wait to get in and get the final home study done, so we can go to the next step with the adoption. Keep praying for us. We are growing weary and discouraged. We know we want God's timing....so we have to remain patient. Pray that we don't loose sight of Him.

The other day I was driving by a house just down the road from our new home. I've noticed this horse the last few times....It seems like every time I drive by, he's standing in the same corner! Now I don't know much about horses, and maybe this is a common thing for them. But, I did realize something the other day. How many times do I go to the same corner? We are such creatures of habit, well at least I am....How about you? Do you find yourself sitting on the same pew at the same spot? Do you go and eat at the same restaurant every time you go out? Do you talk to the same people at the ball game? Do you listen to the same music, watch the same tv show? Attend the same "church" for the last 20 years? Now I may get some eyebrows raised at that one! But really, have you ever thought that stepping outside your box, your little world that you just might see Jesus in a different light....Have you ever thought that God might have something out there for you but you have to be willing to change it up. That poor horse has been standing in that corner for how long??!!! He's missed so much by standing in the corner. I've never seen him running around or for that fact just standing in a different corner. What have we missed out on by playing it safe and staying in our corner?

God desires for us to have an abundant, over flowing, full life. He tells us the world is ours! How cool is that! So next time you start walking over to that corner. Think about the the fullness of our God and the fullness of our world and the "people" that we miss every day, because we are in "our corner".

No comments: