Thursday, June 19, 2008

Adoption update

Many have asked where we stand on the adoption process. Well, it's a slow right now. Money is very tight and I believe that God did not intend for this process to be taxing on our financial situation. So with never ending faith, we choose to remain patient and hopeful. I've got most of the paperwork complete though Clinton has not had time to finish his autobiographical information. It will get done and the timing will be just right. Please continue to pray for us. Even though my faith is strong, my mind is weak. The devil every day seems to creep right in and tell me how I should just give up.

The boys had moved into one room together before the home visit to open a room up for "Anna Faye". The other day they were fighting and I had decided that I had enough. So I told them that Seth was moving back into the other room. They got extremely upset and begged and pleaded...they said they were sorry and that they would do better that we couldn't move Seth back in there because it was her room. At a weak point I said, "I don't think we can do this boys. I don't think we can do this adoption." Tears flowing at that point, I knew my heart didn't want to say it. I went into the kitchen and washed dishes and walked back down the hall. I noticed a piece of paper taped to the door into that room. My little Seth had written, "Anna Fyae Evans Room", tears came to my eyes. God is good. He will make a way. With faith we press on.

One of my favorite most insipring verses is Matt. 21:22 "You can pray for anything, and if you have faith, you will receive it.". Walking in faith, knowing my God is a Mighty God. Everything in this world is telling us we can't do it, many people even feel like they need to tell us we shouldn't do it, but they don't know what we know. They must not understand the God that I serve, is the God that prepared me in advance to do this!

No comments: