Sunday, June 22, 2008

Another "adopting family"

So my friends here in town have a little boy that is ready to come home with them. They've met him twice now and are just waiting on the whole process to be complete. It's been almost 2 years for them and now it's happening. I can't imagine the joy they must feel. I can't wait till they are actually able to bring him into their home and give him the family he deserves. It is reassuring to know that it can actually happen and that you can get through the whole thing....

Pray for this family. Pray for God to show favor in these final days. Pray for complete comfort for the "new addition", that God just shows him that he belongs exactly where he is supposed to be. Praise God. He is good. Praise God for families like this that are willing to open their heart to give a child a home that he could only dream of. You know these adopted kids are spoiled rotten.....I can say that since I am one of them! :) It's a unique feeling to know that you were "chosen", that you were wanted so desperately.

Thank you God for opening our hearts to the "true heart of adoption." I pray that many more in this world pray for guidance if they have any notion of the idea of adopting. Pray for all the families out there that are going through this process, pray that they look to Him for their guidance, for the strength that they need to endure the journey and know that in the end God's glory will be revealed. It's scary but if you feel it in your heart. God will lead you. Let him.

2 comments:

melonie thompson said...

Hi,
I cant find your e-mail address. Please call me so we cant talk...
Hugs, Melonie

Lynn said...

I am praying that your faith stays strong throughout this journey. there are many Scriptures that remind us of the glory and reward to those who REMAIN faithful!

So, is it a girl you are seeking? Judging by the name, I am assuming so, and do you have a specific age range you are looking for? Just want my prayers to be as direct as possible!