Friday, March 27, 2009

Love

Just some thoughts on Cor. 13

Though I share with others the love of God and speak in tongues by the Holy Spirit but have not LOVE, not one person will believe me and know the true LOVE of God.

Though I understand and discern His word and have faith that can move mountains, but have not LOVE, I am nothing!

Though I help those less fortunate and give my time to good works, but have not LOVE, I have nothing.

LOVE suffers long,
LOVE is kind,
LOVE does not envy,
LOVE does not boast,
LOVE does not behave rudely,
LOVE does not keep a record of wrong doings,
LOVE bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

LOVE NEVER FAILS.

Try putting your name in where LOVE is....Then step back and see if the statements are true.....

For a long time I've held on to anger and bitterness. I've had my little notepad in my head of the wrongs me/my family have suffered. And, it's been some suffering. Haven't we all suffered at the hands of fellow Christians, loved ones and friends. Haven't we each caused pain in anothers life? But, I think of our suffering and our sin. I think of His suffering and I realize that though my heart hurts and we've cried a thousand tears....God is Love. He forgives.

There is no place in the heart that LOVES God and receives His LOVE for anything but what Cor. 13 states. So then what....You forgive as He has forgiven. You LOVE as He has LOVED. Is it easy? No. Is this a commandment? Yes. Do we need to show obedience? Yes.

LOVE. This is My commandment, that YOU LOVE ONE ANOTHER as I HAVE LOVED YOU. They will know you are my disciples if YOU LOVE ONE ANOTHER.

So, I'll take a step forward today and I'll try and really grasp His amazing LOVE a little deeper and work on LOVING no matter what. Because really what are we all searching for? Acceptance, Love...feeling like we are cared for and if WE as Christians can't be that, NO MATTER WHAT, for this crazy world we live in...HOW WILL "THEY" EVER KNOW HIM?

No comments: