Sunday, August 24, 2008

The girls....

Well, I spoke with the mom. It was a good conversation and I thank God that I was able to talk to her. It's a step forward in what seems to be a very complex situation. Adoption, that is.....it's just not so cut and dry. You really open your heart up to being completely vulnerable and that's scary. It's like you go into the whole thing with the final picture of you and your "new addition or additions" and of course that picture is beautiful. But reality is there's quite a process getting there. We've cried, we've jumped for joy, we've sat in bewilderment, we've prayed, we've shared, we've probably had every emotion there is....That's a lot to go through but each day God reveals to me the amazing, indescribable, all encompassing LOVE he gives! So I'm thankful for the tears and the fears, I'm thankful for completely understanding what it means to love with no bounds.

When I spoke with "the mom" it was very clear that she is bitter and hurt...all the feelings you'd expect....but even though we are so different, there was that one common thing, a mother's love, that we both share. Even though their situation isn't the best, they still love their girls....and I believe that my heart has enough room to not only love those girls but I can love the mom and dad. I can share those girls with them, if that's what God has planned. Many folks question my judgement on this...and that is completely understandable. But you know...God has placed everything in me that it will take to do this. I can't help but think being adopted myself has offered me a different perspective that many might not have when faced with this, on behalf of the the girls and the parents.

So now it's all up to God to finish what he has started.... For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:10 So now we wait with expectation and boldly proclaim that He alone is God. With prayers of intercession, we believe God can move mountains, heal the sick and set the captives free. Hannah cried out in anguish for a son. Her womb was barren...God gave her a son. What if she had never asked, it may not have ever happened.

If you have something in your heart and you've pushed it down for years and it's still there. God placed it there for a reason. Step out in faith and believe that with Him all things are possible. You have to prepared to grow though...He wants us to totally rely on Him. So, that dying to self is hard but in the end we can all shout praises to Him!!

1 comment:

melonie thompson said...

We are praying for you. It will be as God needs it to be:>)
We love you,
Melonie