Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Thank you!

First of all we have to say thank you. You will never know how much it means for the encouraging words that we have received from many of you that have supported us as we journey through adoption. God truly shines when you are willing to see His work. Each day he offers us comfort in knowing that He is in control. Even though we feel like "we" don't have a plan, which is so unlike most things we have ever done. We have the peace in knowing "it's all God!"

Well it's almost Thurs....and we are so hoping to hear from the birth mom by end of this week. Sept.10th is just around the corner so there is not a lot of time before we know what's going to happen. I have to say I feel at peace and then my heart really begins to show and I cry. I'm really scared....really scared...because I know that no matter how much we want this, that if God doesn't we have to be willing to accept that. That's really hard. But I don't want to focus on that. I refuse to focus on that because the Word tells me other wise. It's so great to be able to go to the Word and receive the comfort that you need at that time.

Tonight I went in to tuck the boys in. Each of them was reading their Bible. I had to wait for a minute to go in because tears were falling...what a true delight in seeing God take residence in their hearts! The cool thing about it all is I've haven't requested or asked them to read their Bible. They made the decision. God is so good. God rewards those that dilegently seek Him. That's one of the first verses that I begin to share with the boys about a year ago. Not for monetary or physical reasons but for overall "well being". Happiness, joy, peace all the fruits of the Spirit! Boy does He offer a great rewards program! My hope for each of you is that you take the time to go cash those rewards in!!!!

Peace and joy to all of you! God is good!

No comments: