Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Home Study #2

The trip to Little Rock was great. Clinton and I visited with Bill and Ardele for a few minutes and then Clinton went with Bill and I with Ardele. Lots of questions and reflection. Some of the questions hit real close to home, more so much for myself, being most in part of me being adopted. Lots of memories and feelings brought to light that I had tucked away nice and neat in the back of mind because they were a little too messy for me to have to deal with. It was good....

One of the questions that were asked was how the boys were with the idea of adoption. Did they even have a choice of bringing a "little one" into our family? Our boys have been two of the most inspirational people to us through this whole process. Their faith, reselence, joy and just overall openess to change. Because it will be a change. Seth and I visited the other night on the couch, he was lying in my arms (man I'm so glad he still likes to do that) and I said you know you're not going to be the baby in the family anymore but you know you'll always be mommy's baby boy. He looks up at me with that freckled face and sweet grin and goes "that's ok mom, I get to be a big brother!" Amazing...amazing how children can be so open to change. Austin and I were visiting at the dinner table the other night, Clinton and I were talking about the domestic or international, I wanted a plan...we had to have a plan. We were trying to figure out the whole "which way should we go" Austin goes "open both doors...." I'm sure he's heard us talk about all this and the possibilities of all the avenues of adopting but for him to care enough, to be concerned enough, to listen plus actually give a suggestion. That's amazing.

Both the boys have been an active part in the whole process, really for the past 6 years. We've been discussing this with them as soon as we started exploring the possibility. I've learned a lot from them in this. Sometimes I wonder about the timing why it's now, why it's so clear it's now....it's hard not to think that God waited for my two boys to be a little older so they could be a support for us. Their faith. You know they've not been beat down by this world as much as us. They still have that can do, get on with it attitude. Thank you God for my boys. Thank you for blessing me beyond measure.

God is good. His blessings are overflowing everyday. Pay attention to your children, your friends....God has placed them in your life so you can be uplifted and refreshed. It's almost like Him speaking to you through them. Another post soon about God, and friends, and Him speaking to you in the next few days.....I'm waiting for the right words about a Spirit moving experience. God bless each of you!

No comments: