Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Mother's Day 2008

I've waited for the words to describe Mother's Day 2008. Not even sure if there are words to completely describe what happened- maybe "Spirit filled, Spirit driven". If that even does it justice.

Saturday evening (Mother's Day eve) I lie in bed crying...I find myself doing that quite often, here lately. The cry this time was not a sad cry...it's just that cry out to Jesus. Sad, happy, fearful, faith filled, I cry with it all! It's one of those You are amazing God, I am so weak!! Anyway, there was complete and udder surrender to Him that night!

As mentioned in a previous blog, we are probably over thinking this whole thing (domestic or international) and it's hard not to do that when that's what you are used to doing. I've even questioned is this what we are supposed to do, why am I feeling so confused? What he told me that night was the only thing he requires of me is to have faith. Listen and be ready, He says. Sleep came pretty quickly and then we awoke to a beautiful Mother's Day. Isn't it amazing the wonderful peace He can offer when we just receive it.

Sunday morning....the boys and I walked in to see my mother in law sitting there waiting for us at church. Praise God for that miracle. Totally unexpected! But very thankful. She said she just really felt like she needed to come that day. Boy, am I glad she listened. Kevin had a very inspiring Martha/Mary sermon. Why must he preach to me each and every time! But you know what, I am so thankful he does. From this Martha to a Mary wanna be....his lesson spoke wonders to the fact that it's ok to just be, to just be there at the foot of Jesus. Doing good things is not a bad thing but sometimes "doing" can get in the way of what God has intended for us.

So after the lesson Kevin has all the mom's go up to get a rose and he asks if anyone has anything to say. Well, my friend Eva steps up and as soon as she started speaking, I felt God's hands wrap around me. The more she spoke the more I cried, I don't even remember all she said- the only thing I remember is the fact that God was right there. Eva's words were God's words. She told her story of when Terry Duffy had asked if anyone wanted to have a baby back many Mother Day's ago. Eva was trying to get pregnant but no luck. Jon raised his hand for Eva and at that point the church then prayed for her. Not long after that, did she get the news that she was expecting.

Eva said that God told her she was to get up and tell this story again. She had told it about 7 years ago but she was to tell it once more. As she finished speaking she said I'm sure there is someone here right now that wants a baby more than anything. As you can imagine, tears at that point were the size of golf balls. She looked at me and said, "Paige"....the tears were flowing like a river at that point. God is good- so, so good !!! Another young mother stepped up, as well and at that point Kevin began to pray. That peace came all over me, you know the peace that passes all understanding....that was it! Boy, am I so glad that Eva didn't deny Him that morning! I think back to some of the times that I've denied Him and think oh my goodness that same comfort that Eva gave to me that morning could have been provided to someone else. Lesson learned.

Don't deny Him- even when you don't know what your doing, He knows, he prompts us and we should let our ego our fear of judgment fall to the wayside and just do it..... Eva had no idea about my cry out to Jesus Sat. night. but God heard my cry and he answered. There is no doubt in my mind that Eva was used according to His purpose that morning! Praise God! I didn't expect Mother's Day to be such a blessing. Thank you Lord for Eva and for my church family.

From a "once take it all on, I can do it, independent gal".....to a "complete surrender, I am nothing without You, pray for me, help me Lord convert"- Thank you Jesus.....Thank you for your complete Sovereignty.

Clinton didn't get to make the church service that day and boy I couldn't wait to tell Him every detail. He didn't act surprised. Sometimes I think God is telling Him something he's not telling me! He's my Rock many times, most times. He was disappointed not being there but by his words and his calm confidence, I knew he felt God, too.

Thank you Jesus for giving us that peace. Remove any doubt in our minds and fill it with your complete peace. We choose to receive exactly what you have promised...peace...What a powerful word. Let us wake up everyday with that power that you have given us. The peace that should flow from every pore. The joy of waiting on His plan. Lord bless each and every person that reads this with the peace that passes all understanding. My prayer is that everyone experience your love right now as they read this and feel your presence in any circumstance they may be going through.

God is good.

No comments: